Happy Fine Motor Friday! It’s good for toddlers and preschoolers to do a variety of fine motor activities. Having different activities help work different fine motor muscles and hand coordination which is necessary for handwriting. Fine Motor Fridays is all about giving you a bunch of ideas to do with your little ones! Be sure to check out activities from our co-hosts at the end of this post!
It’s Back-to-School time! And the Fine Motor Friday bloggers have put together some special Back-to-School themed fine motor activities! We made an adorable Pencil Frame that will be perfect for those school photos!
This Pencil Frame Craft is fun and simple for kids to make! You can get all the supplies at your local Back-to-School Sale and the recycling bin!
- a dozen new yellow pencils
- cardboard from a cereal box
- craft glue
- pencil erasers for optional accessorizing
Back-to-School Pencil Frame Craft
- Cut out a rectangular shape from a cereal box.
- Arrange the pencils in the thickness you want and glue around the edges of the cardboard.
- Wait for the glue to dry, then cut off excess cardboard.
- Cut photo to fit inside the frame or cut out center cardboard and attach photo with tape from the back.
- Cut a length of ribbon and attach with tape to the back of the frame to hang.
This Back-to-School Pencil Frame is a perfect craft for kids to make on the first day of school or as a gift to give to parents at the first open house!
HAPPY FINE MOTOR FRIDAY!
Paperclip Counting 1-20 (Free Printable) from Powerful Mothering
Fine Motor School Bus Activity from Craftulate
Fine Motor Bead Art from P is for Preschooler
School Bus Themed Find and Clip the Letter from School Time Snippets
Pool Noodles & Rubber Bands Fine Motor Activity from And Next Comes L
Back to School Sensory Maze from Lalymom
Crayon and Playdough Color Sort from House of Burke
Fine Motor Math Game with Bread Ties from Still Playing School
More from Stir the Wonder:
Please follow Stir the Wonder on social media:
© 2015, Stir The Wonder. All rights reserved.