Are you are looking for a super simple Christmas craft to do with the kids or for the kids to do on their own? Set up this Christmas Tree Fine Motor Craft! This is a cute craft which is great for toddlers and preschoolers practicing fine motor skills, plus you it can be used to decorate or as a seasonal toy for small world play!
Happy Fine Motor Friday! It’s good for toddlers and preschoolers to do a variety of fine motor activities. Having different activities help work different fine motor muscles and hand coordination which is necessary for handwriting. Fine Motor Fridays is all about giving you a bunch of ideas to do with your little ones! Be sure to check out the activities from our co-hosts at the end of this post!
This post contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed for Christmas Tree Fine Motor Craft
- Small Recycled Green Bottles
- Foam Ornament Stickers (from Michael’s, unfortunately not sold online)
- Foam Star Stickers
Set Up & Prep
- Save and rinse green bottles. We used two different ginger ale bottles, these looked the most like Christmas trees to me!
- Once you have collected enough green bottles, then you can set out the bottles and stickers to invite the children to get creative!
My son loved this craft! Probably for these reasons:
- There is no right or wrong way to decorate a Christmas tree.
- It is easy enough for him to do on his own, frustration free.
- It is mess free, besides the sticker backs.
- When he’s done, he’s done. Or he can come back to do more later.
Plus, who doesn’t love getting in the holiday spirit?! Aren’t these Christmas Trees adorable?!
HAPPY FINE MOTOR FRIDAY!
Check out these great fine motor ideas!
Christmas Tree Geoboard STEM Fine Motor Activity from Little Bins for Little Hands
Alphabet Tilt Maze Fine Motor Toys from Lalymom
Fine Motor Oh Say Can You Seed? Garden Activity from Powerful Mothering
Train Themed Cutting Practice from Craftulate
Feather and Button Threading from School Time Snippets
© 2015 – 2017, Stir The Wonder. All rights reserved.