This Shark Sensory Bottle creates the imagery of the ocean with a shark swimming around. Sensory bottles and sensory bins can be very calming for kids who are upset or over-excited. Simply shake the bottle and watch the glitter swirl around while the shark swims from side to side.
Shark Sensory Bottle
I’ve wanted to make a really neat sensory or calm down bottle for a while now and I finally got some inspiration from Enchanted Homeschooling Mom’s DIY Baymax Quiet Jar and Buggy and Buddy’s Shark Suncatcher! Let me tell you how we made it!
- Squeeze glitter glue into clean, clear bottle. You can use all the glitter glue or only some. Caden decided about half the glitter glue was enough.
- Add some fine loose glitter.
- Fill the bottle with water and foam shark cutout.
- Close the bottle cap tightly and shake the bottle to get it all mixed up!
- Watch the glitter and shark float around! Enjoy!
- When you are satisfied with your glittery sensory bottle, don’t forget to seal the cap on with hot glue or super glue!
This Shark Sensory Bottle can be a great tool for kids to use when they become upset and need to calm down. It can also be a fun project to add to a shark or ocean unit or lesson plan!
Have you made a Shark Sensory Bottle with your kids? Let me know how it went in the comments below!
If you are looking for more sensory play activities check out all the fun we’ve had over the years here! Our Pumpkin Guts Exploration activity is another great mess free sensory activity! Plus it includes a little science too!
If your kids are really into sharks, be sure to check out these FREE Shark Lacing Cards!
© 2015 – 2016, Stir The Wonder. All rights reserved.