Happy Fine Motor Friday! It’s good for toddlers and preschoolers to do a variety of fine motor activities. Having different activities help work different fine motor muscles and hand coordination which is necessary for handwriting. Fine Motor Fridays is all about giving you a bunch of ideas to do with your little ones! Be sure to check out activities from our co-hosts at the end of this post! This week I am sharing a Spring themed activity to help little ones learn the letters in their name!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Spring Flowers Name & Fine Motor Activity
Making this Spring Flowers Name & Fine Motor Activity is really simple and uses only a handful of supplies. Below you will find the supplies list and instructions on how to make it and how to play with your child!
- Craft Foam Flower cutouts ( These are from Target, but you could make your own too!)
- Large sheet of Green Craft Foam for stems
- Foam Sticker Letters
- Spray bottle
- Add number stickers to foam flower cutouts
- Cut stems from green craft foam. They can be fancy with leaves or simple strips of foam about one inch wide.
How to play:
- Have your child spray your window with water and stick the stems on.
- Then have your child spell our his or her name with the alphabet flowers. You can help your child with this activity by writing the letters in order above the stems with dry erase marker.
Caden loves doing these sorts of hands-on learning activities on the sliding glass door! It’s a great way for him to practice letter recognition! And using the spray bottle is great for fine motor muscle strengthening!
When the Spring flowers are all “planted” your child will love to “water” the flowers for extra fine motor fun! Just be sure to have a towel handy! This was Caden’s favorite part! It’s also a great way to keep the windows clean! 😉
HAPPY FINE MOTOR FRIDAY!
Check out these great fine motor ideas!
Beads and Playdough Letter Recognition Activity from School Time Snippets
Line Tracing with Loose Parts from Powerful Mothering
© 2015 – 2017, Stir The Wonder. All rights reserved.