While I was pregnant with baby number two, I dug up all the books I had read to Caden as a baby and went through them. We had lots of board books so I saved our favorites and donated the rest to our local green center. I’m so glad I saved our favorites because Baby Chase loves books!
This post contains affiliate links.
Along with the old favorites I remember so fondly reading to Caden, I added some new books. These are the books we are currently reading to Baby Chase.
20 Favorite Board Books for Babies
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see? by Bill Martin Jr and Eric Carle
- Baby’s First Book of Birds and Colors by Phyllis Limbacher Tildes
- I Love You, Little One by Nancy Tafuri
- Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
- Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? By Bill Martin Jr. & Eric Carle
- Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See? By Bill Martin Jr. and Eric Carle
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle
- Baby Animals Spots & Stripes by Phyllis Limbacher Tildes
- In My Den by Sara Gillingham & Lorena Siminovich
- That’s Not My Cow… by Fiona Watt
- In My Tree by Sara Gillingham & Lorena Siminovich
- That’s Not My Duck… by Fiona Watt
- That’s Not My Fox… by Fiona Watt
- Hush Little Bear is Sleeping by Surya Sajnani
- Curious George and the Rocket by H.A. Rey
- Curious George and the Bunny by H.A. Rey
- Curious George Goes Fishing by H.A. Rey
- Curious George Rides by H.A. Rey
- The Going to Bed Book by Sandra Boynton
We made a baby book circle! I loved this idea when I saw it at @munchkins_and_moms who got the idea from @candokiddo So I got big brother involved helping me set it up! Baby Chase loved it! . . It’s so important for me to instill a love of books early this time around. I always read books to Caden at nap and bedtime but I’ve since learned how important it is to start early and read to your child at different times! I can already see a difference in the way this baby loves books! . . This is just one of the many things I’m doing differently with my second baby. . . What did you do differently with your 2nd, 3rd, 4th…?
© 2018, Stir The Wonder. All rights reserved.