All month long various kid bloggers have shared their alphabet ideas as part of the 31 Days of ABCs, organized by All Done Monkey. So today is day 30 of the 31 Days of ABCs blog hop and I am here to share with you books, songs, and apps that will help you teach your young child the alphabet. At the end of this post if you are a blogger I invite you to link up your posts on the topic of ABC books and activities, songs or apps. If you are a reader make sure to browse the links at the end for more great ABC ideas!
ABC Books (and activities)
Caden is just starting to show an interest in the alphabet and I am excited to try some of these great activities that I found to go along with these ten alphabet books! Is your favorite on the list? What is your favorite ABC book?
1.The Mixed Up Alphabet by Steve Metzger with a fun activity by The Activity Mom!
2. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. and a fun puppet activity by Twodaloo!
3. Eating the Alphabet by Lois Ehlert and an activity exploring the five senses with fruit and vegetables by Learn-Play-Imagine!
4. The ABC Book by Dr. Seuss and several fun literature connection activities for tots and preschoolers by Mommy and Me Book Club.
5. AlphaBEEP! by Debra Pearson and a super cute Alphabet Road Letter Sorting Game by No Time for Flash Cards.
6. Alphabet Adventure by Aubrey Wood and Bruce Wood and a few alphabet adventure activities by Play Dr Mom!
7. Alphabet Rescue by Aubrey Wood and Bruce Wood and a DIY Alphabet Rescue Truck by The Good Long Road.
8. Alphabugs by David A. Carter and a collection of fun busy bags shared at Kids Yoga Stories!
9. LMNO Peas by Keith Baker and a cute toddler friendly letter collage at Simply Sprout.
10. Make your own Alphabet Book! Learn how to make your own simple alphabet book with your child at Teaching Mama.
I was going to list alphabet songs that I found individually, but Mary Catherine of Fun-a-Day has compiled a great list of 30 Fun Alphabet Songs that includes every song that I found and enjoyed. I personally enjoy the music of They Might Be Giants. I’ve also heard good things about the work of Dr. Jean.
Caden has tried out many ABC apps in the past year or so. A couple of his favorites have been Alphatots and Agnitus, both of which we got during free promotions. Many of these apps are free, have free versions or are often on sale for free. Here are ten ABC apps for the iPad that I have found geared towards toddlers and preschoolers!
1. Alphatots by Spinlight Studio
2. ABC Aquarium by Peapod Labs LLC
3. Agnitus- Personal Learning Program by Agnitus
4. Endless Alphabet by Originator Inc.
5. Little Matchups ABCs by GrasshopperApps.com
6. ABC Alphabet Phonics by GrasshopperApps.com
7. Wee Sing & Learn ABC by zuuka incorporated
8. ABC House by Peapod Labs LLC
9. ABC Alphabet by Little Sorter by GrasshopperApps.com
10. Touch and Learn ABC Alphabet and 123 Numbers by Innovative Mobile Apps
© 2013 – 2017, Stir The Wonder. All rights reserved.
Emma @ P is for Preschooler says
Great list! I haven’t even heard of many of these ABC books and now I have activities to go with them when I find them. Thank you!
What a great resource list! I have been looking for apps for my son.
Leanna @ Alldonemonkey says
Wow, great list! Can’t wait to check these out!
What a great list! I love this! I hope that you would consider stopping by my family friday’s link party and share this wonderful post! I know my readers would love it! Pinning!!!!!! 🙂
What a fantastic list of resources you have put together! Some of these I have not heard of before but I can remember reading the ABC Book by Dr. Seuss as a child and LOVED it!
alphabet songs says
I got this site from my friend who shared with me about this site and at the moment
this time I am visiting this site and reading very informative posts at this place.