Board Games are a great way to make learning fun in your home, homeschool or classrooml! You can teach or review almost any subject using board games! We had so much fun playing board games during my son’s Kindergarten year that I knew I had to incorporate them into our plans for this year! So here are the ten best board games for your first grader!
This post contains affiliate links.
10 Best Board Games for First Grade
- Match a Pair of Birds is a fun memory game where the players have to match the cards of male and female birds! This is a great game to play with young bird watchers and kids who are nature lovers!
- Math Room by Simply Fun is a fun game for kids to practice addition and subtraction problems!
- Sums in Space is another fun space themed game to play for addition and subtraction practice!
- Happy Hats is a Beginning Reading Game that goes along with the BOB Books! While playing kids have fun practicing letter names and sounds to build simple words!
- Lazer Maze Jr. is a fun science logic game that gets kids thinking!
- Boggle Jr. is a classic game that introduces letter recognition, word recognition, spelling and memory! It’s a great game for beginner readers!
- Balance Beans is a fun logic and math game that is great for brain training!
- High Seas Addventures is a fantastic pirate themed math game that makes it fun to practice addition skills!
- Dino Math Tracks is an amazing dinosaur themed math game that teaches addition, subtraction, counting and place value!
- Sum Swamp is another great math game that reinforces math skills! It’s a great way to work on math drills.
Board Game Giveaway
While purchasing some board games to use for the upcoming year, I accidentally bought a game we already own! Oops! My mistake has become your gain!
I have decided to give away my extra Sum Swamp board game! This game is so much fun and perfect for practicing addition and subtraction!
To enter the giveaway all you have to do is fill out the entry form below! You get 10 entries if you enter your email to subscribe to the once weekly newsletter! Good luck!
© 2017, Stir The Wonder. All rights reserved.