I love having ideas for simple play activities! These are perfect to have in the back of your mind when you need something quick to keep a toddler or preschooler busy! When Emma of Adventures of Adam invited me to participate in the Simple Play at Home Blog Hop I was excited to share a simple idea that is always a hit in our house! Drawing with Bath Crayons is a fun idea that is great for working on fine motor skills and can be done during the nightly bath time or whenever you and the kids need a change of scenery.
This post contains affiliate links.
Materials Needed for Drawing with Bath Crayons & Idea Cards
How to Make Drawing Idea Cards for Bathtub
- Cut the craft foam into small squares about 2 to 3 inches across.
- Use the permanent marker to draw simple shapes and other designs on the squares of craft foam.
- Now they are ready to inspire bathtub drawings!
Setting up the Tub for Drawing with Bath Crayons
Drawing with bath crayons is an open-ended creative activity for kids. There is no right or wrong way to set up this activity. But there are a few ways you can set up to inspire your kids to jump in and start doodling!
- The super simple way to set up this activity is to place some bath crayons in the tub, step back and let your kids explore with the materials.
- A fun way to set up is to place your idea cards face down in the water and let your kids grab a card at random. Then they can draw what is on the card and continue on drawing a silly picture.
- An inspiring way to set up is to stick the cards to the tub walls with a little bit of water to create an inspiration board. Then kids can pick and choose what they want to draw by looking at all the cards at once.
- For even more fun, multiple kids can collaborate on one bath tub drawing by taking turns picking idea cards to draw from.
My son really enjoyed freestyle drawing in the tub with the bath crayons! It was the perfect activity to break up the afternoon on a day that didn’t go as planned. Can you figure out his Minecraft inspired drawings?
For more Simple Play at Home ideas be sure to stop by Adventures of Adam!
More Simple Play Ideas from Stir the Wonder
© 2015, Stir The Wonder. All rights reserved.