My second baby is over 2 years old now (I’ve been meaning to post this for quite a while) and I bought some really great baby products to use when he was younger that I absolutely loved & wish I had when my first son was a baby. Now maybe some of you don’t need to buy these types of items again, but my second was born seven years after my first so I had gotten rid of almost everything and had to start all over.
Favorite Baby Products
These are my absolutely favorite baby products that we used daily from about 4 months of age and up.
- Play mat rug. My absolute favorite buy is our play mat. It looks like a high end plush carpet, it’s super soft, but it’s really a foam mat. It’s perfect for babies who spend a lot of time playing & developing on the floor! And it’s easy to clean with a vacuum or wet cloth!
- Dockatot. I had my reservations at first about the Dockatot, but after struggling to cosleep safely I broke down & bought one! And I must say it was well used for the first 6-7 months! I won’t say it’s a miracle thing that keeps baby asleep all night but despite the controversy, I believe it provides a safe space for cosleeping with your baby.
- Bumkins bibs. These bibs are great! They are large enough to cover baby’s entire torso, they are made of waterproof material & washable in the washing machine but also clean up easily at the sink and air dry quickly.
- Silicone feeder. This is like a mesh feeder but easier to clean.
- Silicone baby led weaning spoons. These soft spoons are great for allowing baby to learn to feed himself foods like yogurt, oatmeal & applesauce.
- Sit me up seat. Sometimes you just need a place to sit baby so can get something in the oven! This seat is better than a bumbo for baby’s development and keeps baby off the back of his head.
- Skip hop activity center. I really liked this activity center because of its neutral colors and less flashy toys.
- Pop n play pen. This play pen is a great place to allow baby to safely sit and play indoors or outdoors while you take care of household duties or homeschool older children.
- Retractable gates. I love these gates, they are easy to use and less bulky when open as they don’t have a gate swinging in the doorway.
- Book display. This book display shelving is a wonderful way to display books for baby. My young son has loved picking out books to look at or for us to read to him since he was able to sit up and move on his own.
© 2020, Stir The Wonder. All rights reserved.