Our favorite time of day as parents is often bedtime! My husband and I particularly love reconnecting at the end of the day with a fun bedtime read aloud! And with the month of July nearly over and the new school year right around the corner, many homeschoolers are busy planning and preparing their curriculum so I thought I would share some fun books to add to your collection that young readers would enjoy!
Fun Bedtime Books for Young Readers
Since you probably already have your curriculum literature picked out, I am going to focus on books that young readers will enjoy reading for fun on their own or as a bedtime read aloud. I realize some of these books may be considered “twaddle” but they are books that young readers are able to read on their own and will enjoy. I think that is really important for readers who are just starting to read on their own to really love what they are reading!
My husband and son enjoy reading humorous books at bedtime. And since I only have a son most of these books will be popular with boys but I will try to also include books I’ve heard girls enjoy! (This post contains affiliate links.)
- Captain Underpants Series is a humorous series about two school boys and their imaginary super hero characters!
- The Green Ember Series is a fantasy series about a family of sword-wielding rabbits their misadventures.
- Axel & Beast Series is a new series of four books from Usborne Books about robot and a boy gamer on a mission!
- Junie B. Jones Series is a fun series about a young girl and her adventures through school and life.
- Anna Hibiscus Series is form Usborne Books and is about a young girl and her life in modern, urban Africa!
- Mythical 9 Division Series from Usborne Books is a collection of four books about three Yetis on a mission to save the world!*
- Imaginary Veterinary Series is a collection of six books about a girl and a boy who find themselves working as apprentices for a veterinarian for the creatures of the Imaginary World!
- Rainbow Magic Series is a series about fairies and their adventures!
- Magic Tree House Series is a huge series of books about a boy and a girl who go on time traveling adventures to solve mysteries!
- The Gateway Series from Usborne Books is about a family who runs a hotel that also happens to be a secret space portal for aliens!*
* Some of these books might be a little too scary for young readers. Parental discretion is advised.
Back to School Book Bash
I’m so excited to announce I’m hosting an online Back to School Book Bash with Usborne Books and you’re invited!
The approximately one hour Facebook event will be on July 25 at 8pm Eastern. During the party our own personal book consultant will tell us about all the excited books Usborne has to offer and even suggest a personalized selection based on your needs and interests! It’s going to be a great time to stock up on wonderful books for our little readers! You’ll even be able to enter a giveaway! To learn more and request an invitation just send me a message on Facebook! If you are unable to attend the Facebook party you can still browse and purchase books using this link!
© 2017, Stir The Wonder. All rights reserved.