Hop for Hope is a blog hop dedicated to supporting and raising money for Savannah Hope. If you haven’t heard the story already, Savannah Hope is the newborn daughter of fellow Kid Blogger, Heather of Crayon Box Chronicles who was born with Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia of CDH. She is currently in the NICU recovering from surgery to correct the CDH and growing stronger so that she may go home with her family and live a happy and healthy life. You can read more about Savannah’s story here at Savannah Hope’s Journey, follow along with her recovery at the Facebook page Prayers for Savannah Hope, and make a donation to help her family at Prayers for Savannah Hope Fund through YouCaring.com.
For this blog hop I have decided to round-up 10 creative play ideas for boys. Heather of Crayon Box Chronicles also has a little boy and many of her posts are of play ideas inspired by him. When I think of what interests little boys I think of action, adventures, gross things and heroes and so that is what I was looking for when choosing these 10 creative play activities for boys.
1. My all time favorite post from Crayon Box Chronicles is this Monster Truck Sensory Bin! What little boy wouldn’t love to play with dirt and monster trucks?!
2. And after getting dirty and playing with cars in the monster truck sensory bin, you have to clean them up with a Shaving Cream Car Wash!
3. We all know boys love their heroes, especially super heroes! I love this Batman Play Dough from Crayon Box Chronicles! She used it as an awesome party gift! How cool is that!
4. My son is into a different variety of super hero; Transformers Rescue Bots! Check out this fun Color Matching with Transformers Rescue Bots activity we had fun with!
5. What little boy doesn’t dream of being a fireman? I love Crayon Box Chronicles’ DIY Fireman Air Tank! It’s the perfect way to encourage pretend play!
6. Or maybe your little boy dreams of being an astronaut? Set up this simple Outerspace Sensory Bin I created for my son using cake mix!
7. Boys love bugs right?! This Insect Sensory Bin I created for my son was a big hit at the time and I’m sure if I set it up again he’d love it even more now! He is just fascinated by bugs!
8. Heather created an amazing Melting Insect Sensory Painting activity for her son which is just awesome! And the perfect way to cool off on a hot summer day while getting creative and messy at the same time!
9. Another great messy play activity from Crayon Box Chronicles is the Bouncy Ball Art invitation to play! How fun does this look?! It has just enough action to hold a little boys attention!
10. Most boys love messy and gross things right? How about this Dinosaur Goo Game from Crayon Box Chronicles? It’s a messy fun way to learn all about dinosaurs!
I hope you’ve enjoyed these 10 creative play activities for boys and visit Crayon Box Chronicles for more great sensory, art and play-based ideas for boys and girls! And please check out Savannah’s story at Prayers for Savannah Hope on Facebook and share with your friends! They could really use all the support they can get right now. Donations are being accepted at Prayers for Savannah Hope Fund through youcaring.com
Please click on the Hop for Hope image below to find more great posts supporting Savannah Hope!
© 2014 – 2017, Stir The Wonder. All rights reserved.