Living in New England we spend a good amount of time indoors during the winter and we have collected quite a few great pieces of indoor gross motor equipment. These toys are great for getting kids active and moving, plus they are easy to store inside a closet, basement or garage. So without further ado, here are our favorite pieces of indoor equipment for gross motor play!
- Scooter board– Do you remember playing with scooter boards in gym class?! Those were always the best days! These scooter boards are still just as fun! Caden loves to scoot around the house on his belly and spin himself in circles in the kitchen! There are so many activities you can do with them! The Inspired Treehouse has a list of 10 Awesome Scooter Activities for Kids!
- Mini Trampoline– We were lucky enough to find a perfectly good mini trampoline on the side of the road! Ours isn’t a child’s trampoline like I would have preferred, but it works just fine for jumping!
- Hoppy Ball– We just picked up one of these real cheap at Michael’s! Caden loves hopping around the house on it! We also use it as a punching bag by holding it up sometimes!
- Balance Cushion– We don’t have one of these yet but after reading about all the gross motor activities you can do with them at Enchanted Homeschooling Mom, I think this will be our next purchase!
- Exercise Ball– We’ve had an exercise ball for a while now! It’s fun to bounce on, roll across the floor, and roll over on your belly.
- Scooter– Scooters are normally used outside on pavement, but since we don’t have any pavement out here in the country, Caden uses it to scoot around the house! He has a lot of fun, and has really improved since we first got it!
- Tunnel– This tunnel is a lot of fun to crawl through or inch along the floor like a caterpillar!
- Basketball Hoop– This basketball hoop is so light weight, its perfect for indoor play! Caden loves to run around “playing” basketball, and throwing the ball at the hoop!
What are your kids’ favorite ways to move while inside on a rainy or snowy day? If you need more fun ideas, check out my Gross Motor Activities board on Pinterest!
© 2015 – 2017, Stir The Wonder. All rights reserved.