Winter is here in New England! We have snow on the ground and freezing temperatures this week! If we want to play outside at all we need good quality winter gear to last through the season and allow us to have a blast in the great outdoors! So, here is a list of our favorite quality winter gear kids (and parents) need for outdoor fun!
Quality Winter Gear
My son is a snow baby! He loves the cold weather! In the winter we wear quality winter gear to keep us warm and protected from the elements. The key to getting kids outside during cold weather is to make sure us parents are comfortable too! ? So here is a list of quality winter gear for kids and their parents or caretakers. This post contains affiliate links.
- Quality Winter Coat– For my son I’ve learned he needs a waterproof winter coat with zippered pockets. No child likes to get wet and cold, especially when that is the reason their outdoor time gets cut short! I like this one by Columbia because it has zippered pockets to keep the snow out!
- Quality Snow bib– Look for waterproof snow pants. We really like these from Kamik. They are waterproof, very warm and have reinforced material at the knees which is a must for kids who like to get down in the snow!
- Snow boots– Since moving to the New Hampshire snow belt we’ve learned that good snow boots are a must! We love waterproof boots lined with neoprene! They keep our feet warm and dry!
- Snowshoes– Snow shoes are a fun way to stay active outside in deep snow! We love using them for hikes in the woods!
- Ice Traction Cleats– These are a must for getting outside when the ground is icy! It is so much more fun to play outside when you aren’t slipping around!
- Waterproof Gloves or Mittens– Kids love digging in the snow, making snowballs and building snow forts so waterproof gloves or mittens are a must! We really like SnowStoppers because of the extra long cuffs!
- Warm Hat- a warm hat that covers the ears is essential for playing outside in freezing cold winter temperatures!
- Balaclava– This hood style hat with face mask is a must have when it is really frigid outside! It will keep your little ones face, head and neck warm and protected!
- Snowboarding Helmet– a helmet is a great piece of protective gear to have when sledding! You never know what might happen and you definitely want to protect their fragile skulls and brains!
- Sled– a sled is a must have for outdoor winter fun! You just can’t go wrong with a good sled!
And check out what we are up to everyday on Instagram!
© 2017, Stir The Wonder. All rights reserved.