I am so excited to be participating in the Gifts for Kids: 50+ Gift Guides that was organized by Bethany of No Twiddle Twaddle and assisted by Erica of What We Do All Day, Nicolette of Powerful Mothering, and Katherine of Creative Playhouse. Thanks so much for bringing all us kid bloggers together and creating this amazing collection!
As part of this blog hop, I am sharing my ideas for experience gifts for kids and some great resources to find great experience gifts near you! So, what are experience gifts? Experience gifts are…not toys, but gifts that keep on giving and usually involve some hands-on learning or visiting a fun place and best of all the gift of quality time with the kids you love.
1. Children’s Museum Membership– To find a children’s museum near you, use this world-wide directory by the Association of Children’s Museums. Below are a few children’s museums in the Southern New England area that I have heard great things about! We have visited the Providence Children’s Museum a few times and have fun every time!
2. Zoo Membership– Find a zoo or aquarium near you at the Association of Zoos and Aquariums
3. Camp Session– Find all kinds of camps near you through the American Camp Association
4. Extra curricular class or lessons– art class, dance class, gymnastics class, ice skating lessons…
- Look for extra curricular classes or lessons in your local newspaper or town website
- Rhode Island and Southeast Massachusetts residents can look at the Rhode Island Family Guide
5. Entertainment Tickets to the movies, a play, musical, or other type of show, or sports event. You can find tickets near you for almost any kind of event (professional sports, college sports, family shows, circuses, concerts) at StubHub.com.
6. Fun online classes–
- Playful Learning – Fun online classes for kids, starting at age four. Courses cover life lessons such as, family life, science, social & emotional well-being, and writing.
- Minecraft Homeschool – Learn about Ancient History through the fun online world of Minecraft!
7. Magazine subscriptions– search for the perfect magazine subscription for kids on Amazon.com
8. Activity box subscriptions – Activity boxes are monthly packages delivered to your door that include all the supplies for kids to make age appropriate crafts and hands on learning activities. Most companies offer boxes for kids ages three and up.
I hope you have enjoyed this list! What are some of your favorite experience gifts to give?
For more great gift ideas visit:
For more ways to explore, play and wonder please follow Stir the Wonder on
© 2013, Stir The Wonder. All rights reserved.