As a mom who is just starting our homeschooling journey I’ve read a lot of blog posts for new homeschoolers. So if you are also new to homeschooling or have a friend who is new to homeschooling, these are my top five homeschool blogs that I recommend all new homeschoolers browse and read.
I love these blogs for their variety of posts on homeschooling topics such as how to plan and get organized, how to choose curriculum, curriculum suggestions, hands-on learning ideas, & encouragement for homeschoolers on the hard days.
These are certainly not the only great homeschool blogs out there. But the writers of these blogs speak to my relaxed, hands-on homeschooling philosophy.
This post contains affiliate links.
Top 5 Blogs for New Homeschoolers
Simple Homeschool – This wonderful blog is filled to the brim with inspiring and encouraging articles for homeschoolers with kids of all ages and abilities. Some of my favorite blog posts from Simple Homeschool are:
- Self-Care for the Highly Sensitive Parent – This post offers some practical tips to help highly sensitive people manage homeschooling.
- Simple Homeschool also has a wonderful series on A Homeschool Day in the Life, where real homeschooling parents share how they do school. It’s a great place to start if you are curious about how homeschooling looks like in other families.
- And the Simple Homeschool Curriculum Directory is a great resource for finding just the right curriculum for your child(ren).
Creekside Learning – What I love about Creekside Learning is the abundance of simple hands-on learning activities for all grade levels and subject areas plus the practical homeschool tips! My current favorite posts from Creekside Learning include:
Can you tell I am gearing up for Caden’s Kindergarten year? 😉
Raising Lifelong Learners – I love reading posts from Raising Lifelong Learners for the hands-on learning ideas and the articles on how to teach and parent intense children. If you are planning to homeschool a child who seems more energetic and more emotional, then I highly recommend that you check out this blog! Here are a few great blog posts for new homeschoolers:
Sallie Borrink – I’ve followed this blog for over a year now and Sallie Borrink offers great advice for homeschooling the spirited child, the only child, and the right-brained learner! Here are a couple of great blog posts for new homeschoolers:
- 5 Reasons Not to Quit After the First Year of Homeschooling – a great article to read even before starting!
- How We Ended Up Relaxed Homeschoolers and What it Looks Like
Mama of Letters – I love reading Mama of Letters. What I love about it is their relaxed, child-led approach to homeschooling. I find it so inspiring! And since the author has written since the beginning of their homeschool journey, this blog has some wonderful insights for new homeschoolers to glean from. Below are some articles from Mama of Letters that I recommend for those new to homeschooling:
- Is Homeschooling Hard?
- My Practice Homeschooling Year is Over… What did I learn?
- Recording a Homeschool Student’s Progress: The Homeschool Portfolio
© 2016 – 2017, Stir The Wonder. All rights reserved.