Young kids love helping out around the house! So why not give them their own window washing supplies and show a real practical life skill?! This is simple Montessori Inspired Window Washing Activity is great for practicing fine motor skills as well as practical life skills. Plus kids enjoy washing windows over and over so they will all sparkle! Just follow these instructions to get started.
This post contains affiliate links.
Montessori Inspired Window Washing Activity
- Spray bottle
- Homemade cleaning solution or just water
- Wash cloth
- Squeegee (optional)
- Activity tray or basket
- Mix up a homemade window washing solution in the spray bottle. A simple solution of half white vinegar, half water with a few drops of pleasantly scented essential oil (lemon or lavender smells lovely!) works great and is safe for young children to use!
- Set up a tray with a spray bottle of homemade window cleaner and a wash cloth. A window squeegee is also a great tool to add to the tray.
- When the child becomes interested in using the tray, show how to spray the cleaner all over the window and wipe clean with the wash cloth.
- Then allow the to child to clean as many windows as they like!
My preschoolers really enjoys doing this activity! I think it’s the fact that he gets to squirt the spray bottle as much as he wants. But little does he know that he is really working on strengthening those fine motor muscles! And my windows are shiny clean!
Like this fine motor activity? There’s more just like it in our two fine motor books! Click the image below for more information!
HAPPY FINE MOTOR FRIDAY!
It’s good for toddlers and preschoolers to do a variety of fine motor activities. Having different activities help work different fine motor muscles and hand coordination which is necessary for handwriting. Fine Motor Fridays is all about giving you a bunch of ideas to do with your little ones!
Check out these great fine motor ideas!
No-Prep Rock Activity for Toddlers from Our Whimsical Days
Follow Laura @ Lalymom Kids Crafts & Activities’s board Fine Motor Fridays on Pinterest.
© 2016, Stir The Wonder. All rights reserved.
Spray bottles are always a hit at my house! Might as well get them cleaning while they still like to do it! 😉